Thursday, August 17, 2017

Darth Vader

A year ago, I made R2D2 for a precious baby in our lives.  The story is that her Daddy liked it so much he wanted it for himself.  Mom said no so he asked me if I'd make one for him.

Here it is.


This is the second quilt I've made where I've liked the back better than the front.  The first is this quilt I made for my sister.

There's 20 - 30 hours of quilting in this roughly 80 x 80 quilt.  I lost track.  Perhaps I should invest in stop watches?  It took me three weeks of going straight to the sewing machine after work to get this done.

Mr Vader was so much fun to make and I learned a lot in the process.


One commission down.  Time for the next one :)

I'm linking up with One Monthly Goal, Finished or Not Friday, Bee Social , Thread Thursday and Crazy Mom Quilts

8 comments:

  1. This quilt is absolutely amazing! Glad I saw it on Finished or Not Friday! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why this is truly stunning. Congratulations to this very impressive piece of work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This one is amazing! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a 38 year old son who would love that quilt. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Vader! What a lucky dad. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is so cool. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete