Saturday, January 30, 2016

I Love Scraps Mark III

This quilt happened because I had leftovers from a baby quilt I made late last year.  This layout has become somewhat of a favourite.  This is the third time that I've done a variation of it.  Since I normally consider making the same pattern twice boring, I would have to say that this one really works for me.  The first time I made it was HERE.  The second time was HERE.


I quilted this one with my walking foot as well - with three different colours of thread.  The binding is completely scrap using the same fabrics.  I still have a little bit more.  

It bunched up a bit - a little like an accordion.  I have to assume that this was my fill choice speaking.  I'm pretty sure I used a fluffy poly fill.  I should try it again with a more dense batting.


A friend told me that this kinda looked like a colouring book.  That's a much better name than I Love Scraps Mark III.

Note to self:  Research blocking

No comments:

Post a Comment