Friday, July 13, 2012

Bunket


This was one of my first quilts.  I was 16.  I made it with my Grandmother.  All of the fabrics were hers. At bible camp that summer, everyone signed it the week I was a camper (I also worked at the camp).  For a couple years after that new friends signed the back.


I only remembered I had this quilt last week when our family went back to that same camp so my girls could have some of the same experiences I did.  

I used a Sharpie on it, but alas after *ahem 15 plus years* some of the names are faded almost completely away.  I think the type of fabric had a great deal to do with which names faded and which didn't.  There is everything from knits to cottons to denim to sweater material and everything in between.

It's one of the uglier quilts you will ever see and one of the quilts I'm most attached to.

No comments:

Post a Comment